Rates of Dead Rent
APPLICABLE FOR ALL STATES AND UNOIN TERRITORIES
EXCEPT THE STATE OF WEST BENGAL
(Refer section 9A)
The rates of the dead rent applicable to the leases granted for low value minerals are as under:
RATES OF DEAD RENT IN RUPEES PER HECTARE PER ANNUM:
|First 2 years of lease||3RD year onwards|
(2) Two times the rates specified under (1) above in case of lease granted for medium value minerals(s).
(3) Three times the rates specified under (1) above in case of lease granted for high value minerals(s).
(4) Four times the Rtes specified under (1) above in case of lease granted for precious metals and stone.
(1) For the purpose of this notification-
(a) "precious metal and stone means gold, silver ,diamond,ruby,sapphire,emerald,alexandrite and opal;
(b) "high value minerals" means semi-precious stone (agate,gem,garnet), Corundum, copper, lead, zinc, asbestos (chrysotile variety) and mica;
(a) "medium value mineral" means chromite,manganese ore,kyanite, sillimanite, vermiculite, magnesite, wollastonite, perlite, diaspore, apalite, rockphosphate, fluorite(fluorspar) and bartyes.
(b) "low value minerals" means minerals other than precious metals and stone, high value minerals and medium value minerals.
(2) The rates of dead rent for the State of West Bengal shall remain the same as specified in the notification of the government of India in the ministry of steel and mines (Department of mines)No.GSR 458(E),dt.5-5-1987.]